ULTRASONIC PORTABLE HARDNESS TESTER
Hardness tester warranty - 2 years
The hardness tester is a portable device consisting of an electronic module and a probe connected by a cable.
The electronic module is located in an aluminum dust-proof-and-moisture-proof body of IP 66 protection index.
Hardness tester MET-U1A is equipped with an ultrasonic probe U15 with the load of 1,5 kgf (14.7N).
Hardness tester MET-U1A50 is equipped with an ultrasonic probe U50 with the load of 5 kgf (49N).
Hardness tester MET-U1A100 is equipped with an ultrasonic probe U100 with the load of 10 kgf (98N).
Hardness testers can be equipped with short probes U15Sh or U50Sh. The characteristics of all probes are listed in the Table.
|Probe name||Probe description||Probe clamping force, N (kgf)|
|U15Sh||Ultrasonic short||14,7 (1,5)|
|U50Sh||Ultrasonic short||49,0 (5)|
Operates according to UCI - ultrasonic contact impedance method (ASTM A 1038, DIN 50159).
UCI-method enables to control the hardness of metal and alloy items of any weight and dimensions, but is mostly suitable for measurements on the surface of thin and light articles with homogeneous structure that cannot be measured using the dynamic rebound method (Leeb).
- Measurement of metal and alloy hardness according to standardized hardness scales: Rockwell (HRC), Brinell (HB), Vickers (HV) and Shore (HSD);
- Availability of three additional scales H1, H2, H3 for calibration of various hardness scales (for example, Rockwell B, Super-Rockwell, Brinell (HBW), etc.) for hardness control of steel and other metals (for example, aluminum alloys, copper, etc.);
- Use of Rm (MPa) scale for determination of tensile strength (for pearlitic class steels);
- Possibility of hardness control of items that are inaccessible for stationary hardness testers due to their dimensions;
- Hardness measurements of articles of any mass and thickness starting from 1 mm, inaccessible for dynamic portable hardness testers (metal coatings, small parts, thin-walled structures, pipes, reservoirs, steel sheets, etc.);
- Does not leave any visible indent on the tested article surface (crankshafts necks, mirror surfaces, knives);
- Availability of archive and software for PC connection.
The UCI-probe basically uses a steel rod with Vickers diamond pyramid (136-degree angle between facets), which is an acoustic resonator of the inbuilt generator of ultrasonic frequency. At the penetration of the pyramid into the tested article, under the effect of the calibrated spring force there occurs a change in the resonator natural frequency determined by the material hardness. The relative change in the resonator frequency is transformed the electronic module into the hardness value of the chosen scale and is indicated on the display.
The use for testing articles with coarse grain structure (for example, cast iron) or mass more than 0,01 kg , or thickness less than 1 mm is limited. For a detailed consultation, please, contact our specialists.
Guarantee and technical maintenance
- 2 year of guarantee maintenance and the further technical support.
Moreover, you can find the information about other portable hardness testers.
Step-by-step demonstration of the hardness tester functioning: